In December 2013, I bought my first DSLR camera and since then, I have been taking non-stop pictures of everything. My interest in nature and animals and my love for art and the outdoors has made nature and wildlife photography a favorite hobby of mine. Originally from the US, I currently live in Switzerland where great subjects to photograph are around every mountain.
I am active on YourShot, National Geographic’s Photo Community (http://yourshot.nationalgeographic.com/profile/537277/) and GEO Leserfotos http://www.geo.de/GEO/fotografie/leserfoto/ under the name “pijwatson”. For more information, see my Awards page.
- Nikon D750
- Nikon D7200
- Nikon D5200
- AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4E PF ED VR
- AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR
- AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR
- AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR
- AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR
- AF-S DX Nikkor 18–105mm f/3,5–5,6G ED VR
- AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E III
- AF-S Teleconverter TC-20E III
I hope you enjoy viewing my wildlife and landscape photographs as well as my travel photos of Switzerland and abroad.
My artistic side has not only led me to photography but also to music as I am an accomplished musician having played the Great Highland Bagpipe for 15 years. See my bagpipe tab above for more information on my piping as well as information on how to hire me for your private event.